Design and Develop outcomes-based learning programmes
COURSE NAME:Design and Develop outcomes-based learning programmes
TOTAL CREDITS: 26
SAQA ID: 123396 | 123394 | 115755
NQF: Level: 4 | 6 | 5
- Define target audience profiles and skills gaps
- Develop outcomes-based learning programmes
- Design and develop outcomes-based assessments
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT YOU
- Define target audience profiles and skills gaps. This Unit Standard will be useful for training coordinators, trainers, facilitators, or anyone responsible for identifying skills gaps and developing target audience profiles in order to inform learning interventions and/or learning design. The Unit Standard will also be useful for those who provide guidance and advice to learners about their learning, assessment and recognition opportunities. The target audience profile will be developed using basic data collection methods and a basic research process
- Develop outcomes-based learning programmes. This unit standard is for those who develop learning programmes to meet defined learning needs according to a given design specifications.
- Design and develop outcomes-based assessments. This unit standard is for people who design and develop assessments to facilitate consistent, credible, reliable, fair, and unbiased assessments of learning outcomes. The outcomes may be defined in a range of documents including but not limited to unit standards, exit level outcomes, assessment standards, curriculum statements and qualifications. This unit standard will contribute towards the achievement of a variety of qualifications particularly within the field of Education Training and Development Practices and Human Resource Development.
- Scheduled and managed by the training provider according to the set QMS
- Facilitated by qualified facilitators with the required skills and subject matter expertise
- Assessed and moderated by qualified assessors’ moderators with the required skills and subject matter expertise
Attended by learners in a classroom situation with learning activities that include individual, group and self-study activities as well as practical reinforcement within a structured work environment, with workplace activities, exposure, coaching & mentoring activities, assessments, etc.
- The course in conducted over 5 days.
- Formative Assessment: Learner completes the Class Activities in the Learner Workbook during the training session (training room / boardroom)
- Summative Assessment: Learner creates a Portfolio of Evidence, comprising of Knowledge Questions and practical workplace activities, such as a Practical Activity, Witness Testimony and a Logbook (diary) to show application of the related unit standard criteria, within a structured work environment (where the learner is employed, or otherwise agreed upfront with a host employer)
Assessment is conducted by a registered and experienced assessor.
Completion of a Portfolio of evidence is required to show theoretical understanding and practical application to demonstrate competence.
Learners are required to submit the portfolio of evidence in the time frame agreed to between the Learner and the Assessor.