Skills Development Facilitator Programme
COURSE NAME: Skills Development Facilitator Programme
CREDITS: 4 | 4 | 6 | 6 | 5 | 4
TOTAL Credits: 29
SAQA ID: 15221 | 15218 | 15217 | 15232 | 252041 | 15227
NQF: Level: 5 | 6 | 5 | 5 | 5 | 4
- Provide information and advice regarding skills development and related issues
- Conduct an analysis to determine outcomes of learning for skills development and other purposes
- Develop an organisational training and development plan
- Coordinate planned skills development interventions in an organisation
- Promote a learning culture in an organisation
- Conduct skills development administration in an organisation
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT YOU
- Provide information and advice regarding skills development and related issues. This Unit Standard is for people who are involved in some capacity in human resource development. This Unit Standard will be of particular application for those involved in skills development facilitation
- Conduct an analysis to determine outcomes of learning for skills development and other purposes. This Unit Standard is for people who intend to conduct an analysis to determine outcomes of learning for the purposes of defining skills needs at organisational level and/or to identify assessment standard titles at industry or sub-sector level. The Unit Standard will be especially useful to skills development facilitators, training managers and human resource development practitioners
- Develop an organisational training and development plan. This Unit Standard will be useful to people who are involved in the development and implementation of training and development plans for organisations. The Unit Standard will be especially useful to skills development facilitators, training managers and human resource development
- Scheduled and managed by the training provider according to the set QMS
- Facilitated by qualified facilitators with the required skills and subject matter expertise
- Assessed and moderated by qualified assessors’ moderators with the required skills and subject matter expertise
Attended by learners in a classroom situation with learning activities that include individual, group and self-study activities as well as practical reinforcement within a structured work environment, with workplace activities, exposure, coaching & mentoring activities, assessments, etc.
- The course in conducted over 5 days.
- Formative Assessment: Learner completes the Class Activities in the Learner Workbook during the training session (training room / boardroom)
- Summative Assessment: Learner creates a Portfolio of Evidence, comprising of Knowledge Questions and practical workplace activities, such as a Practical Activity, Witness Testimony and a Logbook (diary) to show application of the related unit standard criteria, within a structured work environment (where the learner is employed, or otherwise agreed upfront with a host employer)
- Assessment is conducted by a registered and experienced assessor.
- Completion of a Portfolio of evidence is required to show theoretical understanding and practical application to demonstrate competence.
- Learners are required to submit the portfolio of evidence in the time frame agreed to between the Learner and the Assessor.